MX100 not detected in bios SOMETIMES

Bit Baby

MX100 not detected in bios SOMETIMES

Greetings everyone, 

I am the owner of a 256 GB SSD MX100, being for a couple of years now. 
(Not) Since the (very) beginning I am having this funny behaviour from this device, at times, usually on cold boots, I get redirected to bios prior windows booting, because my ssd is not detected. 
Mind that this doesn't happen on EVERY cold boot, just let's say one out of 4. Also a reboot is enough to get it to work normally, without touching the bios settings at all. 
Browsing forums I stumbled upon a fix that required setting in bios the drive as plug & play enabled, which I did, and seemed to work for a while but being the issue so randomical, it actually didn't. 
These are my computer's specs: 

- ASUS Z170-A latest bios installed (3007)
- Intel i5 6600 

- Corsair RM750 PSU
- Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD latest firmware installed (MU02) 

Any clue on what's happening? Any fixes? 

3 Replies
Bank and Slot Hot Shot

Re: MX100 not detected in bios SOMETIMES

Have you tried checking the smart data on the drive? I have had similar issues over the years ranging from wrong system time (dual booting),  funky bios issues, over heated drives, faulty chipset, over or under volting, to too many old boot options in bios. I would start with checking your smart data, along w/monitoring your system vitals (temps, voltages) to determine if anything is out of bounds.  

Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

Cattura.JPG

This is my S.M.A.R.T. report, I see some power losses and UDMA CRC errors. 
I am more concerned about the firsts, perhaps power loss on boot would make the ssd disappear, how to deal with it?

Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

UDMA errors are typically a cable fault.  If you have another sata cable - try it. Or try simply disconnecting and reconnecting the cable incase it has a poor connection.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?