MX100 - what causes APM to change?

Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

MX100 - what causes APM to change?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Recently installed a MX100 256GB into a netbook replacin the old spinning drive.   Reading these forums I noticed that the APM setting is quite important.  I checked the value using CrustalDiskInfo and found the value to be 0001h. I set it to the value 00FEh and continued as normal, recently I did a AS-SSD benchmark and noticed severely degraded results, I checked the APM value and it had reverted to 0001 again.

At this point I put it back to 00FEh and since then it has maintained that setting.  Am just curious as to what may have caused it to downgrade to  0001?

SSD: MX100 256GB Firmware: MU02

Chipset: NM10 

SATA version: 2 (3Gbs)

SATA driver: storahci

Power setting: High performance with min cpu changed to 5% from 100% to allow CPU idle and time out on hard drive set to Never.

Thanks for ant suggestion or info on this subject.

Paul

2 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: MX100 - what causes APM to change?

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure what it's important for?  Mine is whatever default is, and there's not a general recommendation around here to change it.  It might be a troubleshooting thing for something rare?

But IIRC, it's not a setting that survives a reboot.  You need software that resets it each boot.

[edit]

A quick google suggests you probably want a program called HD Parm in your computers startup.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: MX100 - what causes APM to change?

Thanks targetbsp,

the value seems stable now between reboots without any special software, I think it changed originally when I was messing with the policies tab for the drive in device manager.

Best regards,

Paul!