MX300 1TB work on laptop for a while and now after a few months is not working!

Kilobyte Kid

MX300 1TB work on laptop for a while and now after a few months is not working!

I have a 1tb SSD It was working fine but yesterday at 7:00 pm stop working on me Smiley Sad It is not recongnise by my laptop I lost my data I am really sad I was crying. I had my university graduation thesis, pictures, Docs from work and I dont know what to do I am frustrated I just lost all of my information.

I had a different SSD brand it was working fine and I change it to this Crucial MX300 1TB SSD beacuse of the capasity.

Please Crucial dont let me dont, I belive on your product and I took the risk to try it out !!

4 Replies
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: MX300 1TB work on laptop for a while and now after a few months is not working!

You could try this: http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Why-did-my-SSD-quot-disappear-quot-from-my-system/ta-p/6521...

This won't help you this time, but you HAVE to backup data you care about.  Any complex product can fail at any time either hardware or software damaging your data.  And even ransomware.

Ideally you want multiple backups.  One local for quick restores and a cloud backup for the really unfortunate event of fire or theft.

You're not alone, few people take this seriously until it's too late (me included with a raid failure 20 years or so ago!)

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: MX300 1TB work on laptop for a while and now after a few months is not working!

Dear  tagetbsp

JEDEC Jedi

You should contact a professional data recovery service such as Drive Savers.   I have used them a few times.  They provide free estimates and I believe they don't charge you unless they are successful at retrieving data.   You should first contact Crucial Support directly so you can get an RMA on the SSD and let them know you need to have data recovered so they can extend the time needed to return the SSD.  They may also be able to provide you with other professional data recovery services.

targetbsp is absolutely correct that good backups are essential.  You also want to test the backups to make sure data can be retrieved from them before a failure occurs.

Kilobyte Kid

Yeah, It was my mistake Smiley Sad I did not know this will happen anyways I was able to save some of my data that I had on my old SSD a PNY so I am going to work on getting my docs done again Smiley Sad and I also sent my disk on saturday to Crucial for a replacement, I am going to see if they will give a new or refurbished unit.

Thank you guys for the help and I will keep you guys posted  on how was the warranty service.