MX500 shows up when plugged in with USB converter but not a sata cable

Highlighted
Bit Baby

MX500 shows up when plugged in with USB converter but not a sata cable

Like the title says. Shows up in bios/disk management/device manager when I use the usb/sata converter.While it was showing with the usb I formatted it and intialized it. When I go back to the sata cable its like it doesnt exist.

So far ive tried this ssd in 3 different computers with different sata cables and ports. 2 of the computers recognizes their ssd just not mine.

Ive done some firmware updates. Just seem like nothing works. It cant be a bad ssd drive because I could do stuff with it while it was plugged in with the usb. And I just got it last week.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

1 Reply
JEDEC Jedi

Re: MX500 shows up when plugged in with USB converter but not a sata cable

Are your chipset and SATA drivers up to date?   Are you using the Windows versions or the system/motherboard versions?

What size MX500 do you have?

Is the SATA controller the MX500 is connected to turned on in the BIOS/UEFI settings?

Are there other internal drives installed in the system?  If this is a secondary drive, does the partitioning type MBR/GPT match the boot drive's type of partiton?  I seem to recall someone had issues with Windows seeing the secondary drive when the partition types did not match.