MacBook Pro 2012 - Upgrading to Crucial BX200 SSD - Can't download additional components error

Bit Baby

MacBook Pro 2012 - Upgrading to Crucial BX200 SSD - Can't download additional components error

I'm attempting to a clean OSX install on a newly installed Crucial BX200 SSD but keep encountering problems. The new hard drive is recognized and I was able to format it using the Disk Utility.

I first encountered issues trying to install MacOS Sierra from a boot drive so switched instead to installing MacOSX Mountain Lion via an internet recovery. The OS downloaded but then failed at the end with a "Can't download additional components" error. I highly doubt the problem was due to an internet timeout error as I tried it 3 times via an ethernet connection.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be going wrong and I can get around this issue?

Many thanks.
Alec

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: MacBook Pro 2012 - Upgrading to Crucial BX200 SSD - Can't download additional components error

Hello alecamp,

I am sorry for the issues that you have experienced with your SSD and installing your BX200. . I think it would be best for you to contact us directly, so that we can troubleshoot more in depth.

Our contact information can be found in my signature. I apologize for the inconvenience.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service