Material number for MX300 275 GB SSD?

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Material number for MX300 275 GB SSD?

[ Edited ]

Hi. I need to return my Crucial SSD. My computer will not start up, unless I boot it through an external hard drive backup as I'm currently doing. Apple's support helped me pinpoint the cause, and create a bootable disk.

I thought I'd go through the online system, since the phone isn't open all weekend, but it seems to be asking for a "Material Number" which, so far as I can tell, is not on my SSD or searchable anywhere online. Crucial's help on the website tells me exactly where to find this number on the packaging, but I don't know where the original packaging is. The hard drive itself, however, is right in front of me. I thought the "material number" would be obvious once I removed it from my computer.

So, here are the numbers I do have:

MX300

MDL: CT275MX300SSD1

P/N: CT275MX300SSD1

*removed personal information*

PSID: 5D95AC21-51AA-1EE6-A8AA-ACDDF8321875

F/W: M0CR031

Can anyone help me find the Material Number for this product? And, for god's sake Crucial, why on earth would you require a number that is NOT actually on the product itself? We don't all keep the packaging, and it seems several other people have had to ask this same question for slightly different drives.

Thank you all for your help!

2 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Material number for MX300 275 GB SSD?

323691 could be correct but you should get in touch with Crucial Customer Service (for example via the link in my signature) and possibly confirm that with them. This material number display following drive for me: CT275MX300SSD1 Crucial MX300 275GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal SSD

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Community Manager

Re: Material number for MX300 275 GB SSD?

Thanks bodan. Yes, this material number should still be correct. Please get a hold of customer service if you do run into any more issues. 

Best regards, 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service