Momentum Cache - 1 drive ONLY?!

AGA
Bit Baby

Momentum Cache - 1 drive ONLY?!

Please explain to me WHY only 1 Crucial SSD drive can have Momentum Cache can be active on ONLY 1 drive at a time?

Explain the "technical" problems associated with enabling it on ANY/ALL drives please.

Or is this just simply SLOPPY and INEFFICIENT coding? (Or just plain stupid)

3 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Momentum Cache - 1 drive ONLY?!

I don't know what technical limitations there are (you're not gonna find Momentum's devs on this forum I expect!)

But I'd imagine RAM requirements for maintaining a large RAM cache across multiple drives plays a factor.  At 4GB a drive you're gonna want 16GB of RAM in your system to optimally use that feature across 2 drives and have plenty left over for Windows I guess?  I wodner how many people have that?  Crucial would know better than most I spose since that's their core business. Smiley Happy

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
AGA
Bit Baby

Well with my system, RAM certainly isn't an issue - I have 64gb.  Regardless of the requirements, it should be an available option.

I thought their devs replied on this forum as well.  Guess I'll have to make a phone call on Monday.

Irritating.

Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

The software will have been developed by Micron's engineers I assume.  I don't think any of them post on here but I'm sure Crucial's staff that frequent here will be able to forward suggestions and concerns on to them.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?