Momentum Cache Inactive!

AGA
Bit Baby

Momentum Cache Inactive!

[ Edited ]

I just installed the new ES Client v3.46 and I have no ability to set the Momentum Cache to ACTIVE - there is only a DISABLE button.  MC is v1.7.3.0.  SSDs are CT500BX100SSD1 & CT525MX300SSD1.

Any advice on being able to properly enable this would be appreciated.

Also, I noticed that the new version (at least under Win10x) does not ad a selection to the Start Menu - I have to go into the folder and manually launch the exe.

Thanks.

BTW, here isthe benchmark of the main drive (as I have the other set as the A: drive, the benchmark program does not see it) -

C Drive Benchmark 01.JPG

======

Update - selecting DISABLE and rebooting disabled it on BOTH drives and gave me the option to enable it.  HOWEVER, when I selected one drive (the boot drive) it *required* it to reboot, and while it is enabled now on the boot drive, I am AGAIN unable to enable it on the second -

Momentum 01.JPG

I simply cannot understand HOW Crucial can make something SO simple, so utterly complicated and non-functioning.  I sincerly hope there is an EASY fix to this.  Re-running the benchmarks show a SIGNIFICANT increase in everything but the Sequential.  So it was clearly disabled from the begining.

3 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Momentum Cache Inactive!

AGA wrote:

and while it is enabled now on the boot drive, I am AGAIN unable to enable it on the second -

As far as I can remember the Momentum Cache can be enabled on one drive only and it is recommended that you enable it on your boot drive.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

AGA
Bit Baby

With all due respect, that would seem UTTERLY illogical.  Why have it enabled on only 1 drive?  Do you enable Windows cache on only one standard HDD?  Of course not.

This, impo, is a failure from Crucual, simple as that.  If I can't get an official Crucial rsponse here, I'll escalate it to their tech center.

Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Probably because it munches a lot of RAM.  I'd guess most people don't have sufficient RAM to have a RAM cache on multiple drives?

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?