Need help with Storage Executive installation

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Need help with Storage Executive installation

[ Edited ]

Hello, I am having issues with starting the install of the program. When I try to start the installer, WinRAR just gives me an error "Unexpected end of archive" I have tried repairing it, but it tells me it is now corrupt. I have a fresh install of Windows 10 and have tried installing the 32-bit version. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated 

SSD: MX300 512 GB

4 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Need help with Storage Executive installation

Is your Windows 10 really 32-bit version? 

I have just downloaded both versions of CSE (64-bit and 32-bit) and they both work well, they doesn't seem to be corrupted. Try to re-download your file again, rightclick the downloaded file and open the file with 'File Explorer'.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Highlighted
Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

I have the 64-bit version of Windows 10. I have tried 64-bit version and the 32 bit. Both gives me "Unexpected end of Archive" message once I open it the file. If I try running storage-executive-win-64.exe I get "The archive is corrupt" and "Cannot execute" message. I am using WinRar ver 5.40 64-bit version.

I tried downloading the file and opening it with "File explorer" as you said, but it gives me "The Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid"

Bit Baby

Ok, I have solved it. It worked by downloading Storage Executive through Microsoft Edge. If I downloaded it through Google Chrome it would give me errors upon opening it. 

JEDEC Jedi

Thanks for an update!  Glad to hear you figured it out Smiley Happy

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!