Optiplex 745 and SSD Drive

Kilobyte Kid

Optiplex 745 and SSD Drive

I have an old Optiplex 745 computer and I would like to use a Crucial v4 SSD 2.5 drive.  i am doing this to replace the 80 sata drive.  i want to install Windows 7 on this computer. Obviously, Windows is not recognizing the drive. I am sure there is a driver that needs to be installed so the Windows can recognize the drive.   Keep in mind, in the BIOS, there is only Normal and Legacy for Sata Operation .  There is no AHCI in this type of BIOS.  The BIOS does recognize the drive.  Only Windows doesn't see the drive. 

What am i missing here?

1 Reply
Bit Baby

Re: Optiplex 745 and SSD Drive

• Windows may be having a driver problem with the drive. You can check for this using the Device Manager.
  • To open it, press Windows Key + R, type “devmgmt.msc” into the Run dialog, and press Enter.
  • Look under Disk drives and check for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark next to them. If you see a yellow exclamation mark, you have a driver problem. Right-click the device with a yellow exclamation mark, select Properties, and look at the error message. This error message can help you fix the problem — you may want to perform a Google search for the error message you find.
  • uch problems can be tricky to fix. If the problem started recently, you may want to run System Restore. You may want to use the Update Driver button to install an updated driver, use the Roll Back Driver button to revert any changes, or use the Uninstall button to uninstall the device from your system and hope that Windows will reinstall the driver and configure it correctly when you econnect the drive.
  • For more information visit Dell Optiplex 745 Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-optiplex-745-manual&po=151747&lang=English. Good Luck.