Problem with BX300

Kilobyte Kid

Problem with BX300

Hello, I bought the Crucial BX300, I installed it and installed Windows 10 too; but I have a problem... sometime there are some freezes and when it happens the disk usage reaches 100% of usage.
I have tried everything, I tested the RAM too, nothing has worked.
Should I replace it?
This is my 4th SSD and I have never had problem like this.
Pic: https://ibb.co/dPv3jb
5 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Problem with BX300

My old SSD 120gig was nearly full so decided to replace it with the MX 300 240gig which I had just purchased. I did a clone from the old SSD to the new one. Everything went fine and it boots up perfectly. Problems arise when I go away from the computer and come back say half an hour or more later, and the computer has frozen up. It has frozen up at odd times while using it. It is an old 8400 quad core and motherboard. The old SSD is only 330 M/s read but never had any problems with it and the OS was originaly a clean install of windows 10. 

I might try a clean install on the drive and see if that works.

Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with the new BX 300 240 gig I have just bought. Keeps freezing after I leave the machine and return to use it later. Happens everytime. I have a Quad 8400 cpu and asus MB. I cloned the old SSD onto the new BX and it worked fine until I leave the machine for a while then it freezes up. Why is it I always have trouble with crucial stuff, Had problems with memory quite a while ago and ended having to bin them.

I never have problems with ***Edited to remove Crucial competitor*** drives or memory. Guess I will have to stick with those in future.

JEDEC Jedi

If you have the option in your BIOS, turn on hot swap for the sata port the SSD is connected to.  That will disable power saving features for the port which wopuld be a prime culprit for it hanging if left alone.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

I can't seem to find the hot swap in the bios. Don't think it has one.

The motherboard in question is an Asus P5Q-WS with a intel quad Q8400 processor. 

I have replaced the old OCX 120 gig SSD back in the machine and it works fine with no problems, but I only have 6gig free space left.

I cloned this drive onto the crucial 275 gig MX 300. I had to use a partition promgram to increase the crucial SSD to its max as the clone only set it up as a 120 gig. 

I will buy another (different make) SSD and try the cloning on that to see if that makes a differnce.

JEDEC Jedi

There are also power management changes you can make it Windows and to your SATA driver.  The BIOS hot swap is just a trick to do it all in one go.  Let me know if you want me to run through these with you.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?