Problem with SSD MX100 & Crucial Storage Executive

Kilobyte Kid

Problem with SSD MX100 & Crucial Storage Executive

I have a Crusial MX100 256GB SSD. It is visible in the BIOS, is set as startup disk, I have now turned on AHCI, but also on the IDE in the program .... times are similar.
I have read about the Crucial Storage Executive program, where Momentum Cache is turned on, and performance has been increased several times and I installed this program. However, it turned out that program does NOT DETECTS my Crusial SSD.
How do I get Crucial Storage Executive to detect my SSD?
P.S. I also changed the drive driver to MU02, which is the latest one.

Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit
Intel i5-750 2,67 GHz
GA-P55A-UD3
SCSI\DiskCrucial_CT256MX100SSD1__MU02
IDE\DiskSAMSUNG_HD103SJ 1 TB

ATI Radeon 5700 Series

3 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Problem with SSD MX100 & Crucial Storage Executive

I would probably try to connect the drive to different SATA port. Your mobo has two SATA controllers: 

- Marvell 9128 with two SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3_6, GSATA3_7)

- Intel P55 with six SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_0~SATA2_5)

In case your SSD is connected to Marvell port try to connect it to Intel port. This Marvell 9128 controller is not much faster than Intel's and it is likely that you woudn't notice any difference anyway.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid

You are great!!! I changed the port and now the AS SSD Benchmark appeared test result 43 times higher (Before Total =461, After Total = 19906)! Awesome. I'm curious how the speed of Pinnacle Studio 20 will change.

Thanks again for the help.

JEDEC Jedi

I am not sure but I think that Pinnacle Studio can possibly benefit from Momentum Cache Smiley Happy Keep in mind however that all the Momentum Cache is doing is happening in your RAM cache buffer and that way or another you have to allow some time for Momentum Cache to finish all read/write operations that are actually performed on the SSD. See here how does it work Smiley Happy

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!