Storage Executive 3.46: Momentum Cache Disabled; only option is to Disable??

Highlighted
Bit Baby

Storage Executive 3.46: Momentum Cache Disabled; only option is to Disable??

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1709, 16299.19 RTM), 32GB RAM, Ryzen 1700, MX300 750GB (with latest firmware).

I enabled Momentum Cache not long ago. Noticed it had disabled itself at some point after going into Storage Executive. So I attempted to re-enable it. After rebooting, it is in a completely bizarre state: Momentum Cache Disabled, and the only available option is "Disable Momentum Cache". Smiley Frustrated

Uhhhh...how do I disable something that is disabled? And better yet, how do I re-enable it? See attached image.How on earth...?How on earth...?

2 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Storage Executive 3.46: Momentum Cache Disabled; only option is to Disable??

@negated I am sorry for the issues you've had with momentum cache. We would advise uninstalling and reinstalling Storage Executive and see if that resolves the issue. If you are still experiencing problems, please contact us directly using the information in my signature. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

Re: Storage Executive 3.46: Momentum Cache Disabled; only option is to Disable??

I was finally able to get it working again by "disabling" it using the button in the image above, rebooting, enabling, rebooting again.

Still don't know how the app/UI got into this state in the first place but if it happens again I'll try to figure out how to reproduce it so you guys can fix the bug.

Thanks!