Suddenly MX200 Very Slow on Macbook Pro 17'' Early 2011

Bit Baby

Suddenly MX200 Very Slow on Macbook Pro 17'' Early 2011

Hi everyone,

I have a prblem with my Crucial MX 200. It's installed on my Early 2011 Macbook Pro 17'' and it has always worked fine. Since a couple of days it's much slower as before (see picture). The Write/Read seed used to be around 500MB/s. 

I already tried to leave the SSD in a idle state as indicated in this message (http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Crucial-MX200-SSD-Slow-Write-Speeds-on-Macbook-Pro-Late-20...) and also resetted the PRAM but the problem it's always here.

As additional information I can tell you that I recently updated to OS X Sierra, activated the filevault, and installed a Bitdefender antivirus. Can this slow down the SSD so much?

Do you also think that can be useful to enable TRIM with a third pary app?

Thanks for your help and have a nice day,

Francesco

DiskSpeedTest.jpg

1 Reply
Silicon Sultan

Re: Suddenly MX200 Very Slow on Macbook Pro 17'' Early 2011

[ Edited ]

does 'about this mac'/'system report'/'storage' or 'sata' mention trim is enabled? if so, try deleting anything you really don't use. or download/copy something (just fior this test) and then delete it and empty recycle bin (bin needs to be emptied), this should activate trim. also, make sure in system preferenes/energy saving, that you uncheck 'put disk to sleep when possible'.