The below videos and steps detail activating and using Acronis True Image HD 2015, which supports cloning of Windows 10 and earlier operating system installations. A more comprehensive walkthrough of SSD setup and installation, including the cloning process, is provided by our SSD Install App.
Product keys for Acronis True Image HD 2014 included with legacy Crucial SSDs as well as standalone Crucial SSD Install Kits can also be used with this newer version if your OS requires this newest revision. Note that a method for connecting both your original drive and new SSD, such as a second SATA cable or USB adapter is also required for drive-to-drive cloning to be possible.
1. Run the installer from your download location, accepting all security prompts.
2. Click 'Install' on the first screen of the program.
3. Click 'Start application' when the installation is complete.
4. Click 'Get started' on the Welcome screen
5. Input your name, e-mail address, and password and click 'Create account'.
6. Put in your serial number from the insert from your SSD or installation kit packaging.
7. After registering and logging in to the program, the Tools category will have a Clone Disk operation available to select.
8. Most users will find the default 'Automatic' clone mode option on the next screen to be the easiest method for cloning most systems. Unless you have particular needs for your partition resizing, simply click 'Next' on this screen.
9. Select your source hard disk, usually whichever option includes your C: partition, and click 'Next'.
10. Select your target drive, usually the Crucial SSD, and click next. If any partition is already on this drive, whether it has data on it or not, you will receive a notification that the drive will be deleted.
11. Confirm your selected devices are correct in the Summary screen and click 'Proceed'.
12. You will receive a final warning that your computer will reboot and cloning will proceed. If you are ready to continue, click 'Restart'.
After this, cloning will continue automatically, launching into Acronis outside of your Windows OS to complete the clone. Once this completes, you can install your SSD and configure it as your primary boot device as needed and begin using it as your main storage device.
A method for creating bootable Acronis True Image HD 2015 media, in case of errors or if the Windows software does not properly restart your computer, is here.