Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

Re: Windows 7 freeze issue with M4-CT256M4SSD2

That is a bit better!   Can you please bench it in safe mode and see if there is any large noticable difference, thanks!

Binary Boss
blup

in reply to lsdmeasasp

Sorry for late response. Was a little bit sick last couple of days. I am still having freeze problems. Even when I am not using vmware. After a couple of hours use I leave for lunch and when I come back after like 30mins to an hour I have problems with my system freezing. My hdd light starts blinking and never stops. I can do nothing but press power button and restart. Latest FW for my M4 should fox this but no help.

Will post my bench in safe mode later this day or tonight.

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

No worries about a late reply, we know everyone has real lives that must be attended to as well!   Sorry to hear you've been sick, hope you get to feeling better quickly!

Yes, please test in safe mode for a while and see if you experiance the same issues too.

Binary Boss
blup

in reply to lsdmeasasp

This is my score when running in safe mode

as-ssd-bench M4-CT256M4SSD2 20-3-2012 18-06-35.png

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

Well, I'd say it's ot a driver or program issue, since safe mode is even slower with no programs and drivers loaded.

The other results you posted don't look bad for a laptop, I was just seeing if you could maybe improve them a little bit.

Binary Boss
blup

[ Edited ]
in reply to lsdmeasasp

I can now easily reproduce my freeze error. I am running a VMWare workstation virtual pc. All goes well. I now want to install snagit software (on my host not in virtual). Installer is on my SSD. I start installer. I select installation options.  As soon as the installer starts actual install my system freezes.

Binary Boss
blup

Hmm it seems that when disabling system restore on my SSD the free problem doesn't seem to occur anymore????

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

[ Edited ]

Odd to hear, but at least you've found the fix now!   Sounds like there is some problem with Snag-it, were you using the very latest version? 

Have you tried Hypersnap-DX?   I used to use Snag-It and only use Hypersnap now, and if I need to capture video I use Camtasia Studio.

As for system restore, you really should disable that on a SSD anyway, and just make backup images weekly or whenever you feel you should.  For that Is suggest Macrium Reflect.   But you can have it enabled if you want, but doing so just takes up a lot of room on the SSD and causes a lot of unnecessary writes that you can avoid by manually creating your own backup images elsewhere

Binary Boss
blup

in reply to lsdmeasasp

The Snagit software is not the problem. It looks like system restore from Windows 7 is. Installing other programs also result in freeze. When I try to install a program Windows tries to create a restore point. This is the moment that my Windows 7 starts to freeze up. When I shut down my vm image that is running (this takes for ver because every 30 seconds my system reacts to my input) this step goes on and installer goes further and completes.

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

Ahh ya, I wasn't sure if that was it or not, but since you've noticed it happens with other install too then I guess that would have to be it.

What you could try and see if it corrects itself is disabling it all together, this will delete all old restore points and info, then reboot and enable again and test and see if that corrected the issue.

Our Latest Posts