low 4K-64Thrd with AS SSD

Kilobyte Kid

Re: low 4K-64Thrd with AS SSD

CDI.PNG

Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

Still no fix eh?  Best AS SSD score that I can get now on this drive since I moved it back into my AMD build is 501.  Pretty sad since my best score that I got was a 788 when I first purchased the drive and ran AS SSD.  I have since purchased a Crucial competitor's product to avoid this problem that Crucial does not seem to be able to correct. 

[Edited per Guidelines]

I7 3930k | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | ASUS GXT590 [Quad SLi] | 8x4GB Samsung low volt DDR3 1600 [OC'd] | somebody else's storage product | Win 7 Ult
Kilobyte Kid

Yes my as-ssd score is dropping everyday it seems... this is ridiculous ? what happened suddently that we are all getting this problem... I was extremely satisfied with my crucial ssd up until this point, and i've stopped recommending crucial drives to my friends, I myself just completed a build for my brother with a competitor ssd...

Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

***Edited to remove Crucial competitor***

OK I bought a competitors is the gist.

Just want Crucial to know that I am not buying any more of, or recommending any of  their prodcuts because of the way this issue  wasn't handled, and the record of poorer performance for each new release of their firmware.

Good luck to everyone else on this!

Kilobyte Kid

I sort of want to echo those feelings too, it's a shame considering the amount of good-will and positive reviews the product was getting across multiple sites.

Now that said, they did offer a RMA for anyone impacted and that's good service, not a fix but it's good service.

Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

I will not be buying any more crucial products again, I work used to work for a major online retailer chain and I'm on good terms with them, I'm speaking to the purchasing team of that company and I'm going to advice them to drop your line of products, and they will listen to me.

The way this has been handled is down right appalling, ignoring the issue and ignoring your customers. 

I will never buy or recommend any crucial product again

I feel like taking a hammer to 2 of the three M4 128GB I own.

Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

I too am feeling the same way about this **bleep** Crucial products. I will never recommend them again.

Kilobyte Kid

error-id10t wrote:

I sort of want to echo those feelings too, it's a shame considering the amount of good-will and positive reviews the product was getting across multiple sites.

Now that said, they did offer a RMA for anyone impacted and that's good service, not a fix but it's good service.

Did they fix the problem with newer SSD's so the same problem doesn't happen again?

Kilobyte Kid

I don't know but considering they never were able to replicate the issue - hence the RMA instead of a fix - I doubt it, unless of course for some reason these newer firmware versions don't have this problem (ones that have had say 40H since day1).

Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

error-id10t wrote:

I don't know but considering they never were able to replicate the issue - hence the RMA instead of a fix - I doubt it, unless of course for some reason these newer firmware versions don't have this problem (ones that have had say 40H since day1).

You don't know that they were not able to replicate it. And you don't know that they really even tried. I feel they must have identified the issue and just can't fix it without some other adverse effects.

Anyways, it isn't a big deal real-world wise - it is just that the SSD doesn't perform to their stated iops at all and they did nothing about it.