Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
Syroice

m4 64GB SSD freezing on antivirus scans and chkdsks

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have been using a Crucial m4 64GB SSD as a boot disk for about 2 years now. My main storage drives are 2 Seagate Barracuda 500GB.

Recently, I have found then whenever I try to start an antivirus scan using either Malwarebytes or MSE, my system will eventually freeze up. I would still be allowed to move the mouse, but I will be unable to click on anything.

DSC_0005.jpg

I did a scheduled disk check on all my drives, and disk check froze on scanning my m4 at Stage 4. This is what I came to after leaving it for about 10 hours.

IMG-20130710-WA0000.jpg

Furthermore, occassionally, when I am foreced to reset, my m4 will suddenly become undetectable.

DSC_0004.jpg

I have tried power cycling, and then a scan, but to no avail. I have also tried a secure erase in PartedMagic.

This is the CrystalDiskInfo of the SSD in question:

Is there any way to solve this without an RMA? I recently moved house and pretty much lost all my receipts.

My current specs are:

MSI P55A-GD55 Mainboard

Gigabyte GTX460

Crucial m4 64GB

2 x Seagate Barracuda 500GB

Cooler Master Extreme 550W PSU

2 x 4GB Corasair Vengeance 1600MHz RAM

EDIT: My current firmware is 040H, as I am unable to update my firmware for some unknown reasons. The Firmware Update Utility is telling me that "There are no SSDs on your system that need to be updated.", and when I try the manual boot from USBStick, I am stuck at a black screen with a blinking "_" symbol.

Also, I am not experiencing any problems in normal day-to-day usage. There are no freezes unless I attempt a virus scan or disk check. I just feel unsafe that I am unable to conduct any virus scans at all.

JEDEC Jedi
bogdan

Re: m4 64GB SSD freezing on antivirus scans and chkdsks

in reply to Syroice

Some of your screenshots have been removed due to privacy protection reasons probably. Please hide your drive's serial number and post a CrystalDiskInfo screenshot again.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid
Syroice

Re: m4 64GB SSD freezing on antivirus scans and chkdsks

in reply to bogdan

My apologies, here is the reuploaded screenshot...

Untitled.png

Our Latest Posts