macbook pro 13in 2009 m500 2.5 240gb install problems

Kilobyte Kid

macbook pro 13in 2009 m500 2.5 240gb install problems

Hello to you all,

My origional HDD has crashed and is US. so purchased recommended SSD M500 240gb

first off i didnt know i had to initialize the drive so in and out and out and in now initialized.

Get to Utilities and disk manager and see the disk is GUIDE partitioned.

try to do a reinstall OS X  but no drive in the window

Go back to disk maanger and do a 'verrify' and get error: Partition map repairfailed while adjusting

My question is: is the new SSD bad or is there something else i can do for the reinstall, i have the origional 

install disks that came with the computer.

Any replies or help would be aprechiated

regards

5 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: macbook pro 13in 2009 m500 2.5 240gb install problems

Just to add,

I initialized the drive on a separate computer, but havnt checked the 'firmware' which seems to be what others are talking about on the Forum.

I also dont know if i can load any operating system to the drive whilst SATA connected to the other computer.

Any suggestions please, I am quite a novice

regards

Community Manager

Hi pipboomer,

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your SSD installation.

Let's take it back to the basics with this so we can look at what's causing the error.  Are you doing a fresh install of your operating system or a clone?

If you are doing a fresh install please just install the SSD in the SATA port and then put in the operating system disk.  You don't need to do any other steps when doing a fresh install of your operating system.

If you are cloning the drive can you confirm what happens when you run the cloning software?  Does it allow the clone to happen or do you get an error message?

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Hi Junket,

Yes I have to do a fresh install beacause my origional HDD drive completely failed.

I will try your suggestion, but i think i have tried this begfore, i will try it and let you know.

Thanking you for your reply, and instructions.

regards

Kilobyte Kid

Hi junket again,

I started the comp up with Mac os x install dvd in and when it got to the pane that said Install Mac OS x 'Select the Disk'

there was no disk to select!

can you help further?

regards

Kilobyte Kid

From the screen you are on, at the top, go to "Go" and then go to disk utility.  Make sure that the drive is set to Mac OS extended (journaled), and GUID partition.  If either one of these things is not correct, the drive will not show up as a drive that the OS can be installed to.

Find more helpful tips here -
thecru.crucialcommunity.com