trying to upgrade to 040H on my MacBook

Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

trying to upgrade to 040H on my MacBook

[ Edited ]

Hello I am trying to upgrade to 040H on my MacBook Protrying to upgrade to 040H on my MacBook Protrying to upgrade to 040H on my MacBook Pro. But after I boot from the CD I burnt I am stuck on the screen where it says "Finding drives...". I was successful in the previous upgrade (I am now in 010G). Thanks

[Subject edited as new thread was created] - moderator

4 Replies
Community Manager

Re: trying to upgrade to 040H on my MacBook

Hi christobal30,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues updating the firmware on your SSD.  We have seen a very small number of Apple customers have the same issue and we have tried to replicate it in the lab but have been unable to get the same issue.   We are still looking in to it to see exactly what's causing it.

In the meantime the best option would be to connect the SSD internally on a Windows system and run the update.  This would update the firmware no problem at all.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

same here 10G worked fine 040H is a problem, stuck at 'finding drives'  using the superdrive.

MBP early 2011 M4 256SSD

M4 connected to HD SATA connection

i wonder how 'small' the amount of users is, my estimated guess is that it's a bit bigger than 'small'.

Kilobyte Kid

Let me guess...you have an early 2011 MacBook Pro? One of the earlier models? If you go to ABOUT THIS MAC > SYSTEM REPORT > SERIAL ATA > and click the second INTEL 6 SERIES CHIPSET and scroll down you see "Link Speed" listed as 3 Gigabit / AHCI Version 1.30 Supported?

Kilobyte Kid

What are you using to read the CD internal superdrive or External CD Rom if you use the internal Superdrive you are OK IF you areusing an slim USB CD ROM don't waist your time its doesn't WORK PERIOD I recomend you to get something like this one EXTERNAL CD ROM by OWC and good luck to you.

If you are using the superdrive with a enclosure USB just doesn't work, third party like ASUS, LG or other slim one won't WORK you need a good controller that work with MAC Computer.