Are these part number equivalents, or at least similarly performing/good match for my Apple, or not?

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Are these part number equivalents, or at least similarly performing/good match for my Apple, or not?

I already own:

(1) Computer: Apple Mac Mini 2.3GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 - Late 2012 Desktop; and
(2) Unopened pack of "16 GB KIT NOTEBOOK 2-8Gb ddr3L- 1600 SODIMM MAC CT2C8G3S160BM"

Both above bought from Manufacturers and fulfilled through Amazon directly.

I found this forum after buying and learned the correct part number for a memory upgrade on my machine is CT3650349.

This is clearly different than what I have, I think....

I say "I think" as another post says there are equivalencies in some differing part numbers.

So, what should I learn and do.....?

(A) Are they the same, no issue so install
(B) They are not the same but are close enough and I should expect 95%+ of the improvements I was otherwise to have received if I had the truly best part....so, install.
(C) stop immediately so as not to turn my machine into a brick as they are in compatable
(D) somewhere else, please specify

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Are these part number equivalents, or at least similarly performing/good match for my Apple, or

Hi Anthonydr2,

Thanks for your post.  I can confirm the two codes refer to the same part. The longer code you see on the packet (CT2C8G3S160BM) is the technical description of the part- this tells us the type of memory, density, form factor, that kind of thing.

The shorter code (CT3650349) uniquely identifies that part to your particular system on our database and is used to guarantee compatibility.  It's just one of the many ways that we ensure you get the right upgrade, every time.

You can therefore go with option A and install them, seeing a good improvement in your system performance.

You will find a memory installation guide for your model here.  If you have any other questions just let us know.

Thanks

Maulmod, Crucial Moderator UK

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Are these part number equivalents, or at least similarly performing/good match for my Apple, or

Perfect, installed and working hard ;-)