Crucial sodimm memory part number being different and Memory Scanner detection recommend differently

Bit Baby

Crucial sodimm memory part number being different and Memory Scanner detection recommend differently

Hi,

I've bought the new 27" iMac 2017 and I've search my local vendors online store that carries the following memory but wasn't sure is it compatible.

Crucial 16GB DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM (CT16G4SFD824A)

https://www.lelong.com.my/crucial-16gb-ddr4-2400mhz-sodimm-ct16g4sfd824a-hypetech-192766410-2018-05-...

However, from Crucial webiste Memory Scanner analyst comes up this memory for correct compatibility with different part number.

http://www.crucial.com/ProductDisplay?displayCompatibleLogo=1&urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10151&pr...

Please advice which is the actual and compatible.

Thanks and regards,

2 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Crucial sodimm memory part number being different and Memory Scanner detection recommend differe

@jnjong Thanks for contacting us today.  The two memory upgrades are quite similar. The main difference between the two is that CT10559857 (the upgrade on our website) is an Apple specific upgrade that has been tested with your system and guaranteed to be compatible. CT16G4SFD824A is a generic upgrade with the same specs, but have not been tested. This upgrade could very well work with your system based on the specifications, but it's not an upgrade we can recommend 100 percent. We would advise upgrading using CT10559857, but CT16G4SFD824A may work. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Bit Baby

Re: Crucial sodimm memory part number being different and Memory Scanner detection recommend differe

Hi YogiH,

Thanks for your feedback reply.I would prefer the tested and guaranteed compatible memory for the new iMac 2017 in order to ensure stability and performance.

However, the CT10559857 or CT10559858 are still out of stock.

Hope Crucial can get them back in stock the soonest possible and if possible anyway of sending me a notification once stock quantity has return.

Thanks and best regards,