MacbookPro 15 (early 2011) 16gb RAM upgrade crashes after one week

Bit Baby

MacbookPro 15 (early 2011) 16gb RAM upgrade crashes after one week

A week ago i ordered the 16gb RAM upgrade for my 15 MacbookPro 2,2ghz (early 2011).  I installed it and for about a week it worked perfectly until some random crashes started occurring especially on heavy load, and when the computer booted again it showed some text on the booting screen and stuck there and with a hard reset it rebooted normally, but after some minutes it crashed again. After some crashes the computer would not boot at all. so i reinstalled the original RAM modules and my mac booted with no problems and no crashes since, and the system recognizes both the original RAMs so i dont think its a slot problem.

i used the system scan and double checked that the memory was compatible before ordering, because i was a little skeptical about the apple 8gb max RAM on my model on official site.

How should i proceed??

(order number:0603876897)

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: MacbookPro 15 (early 2011) 16gb RAM upgrade crashes after one week

HI gdavos,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your RAM. It would be best for you to contact us directly to see if we can swap out the RAM for another module. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service