Upgrade of mid-2012 MBP to 16GB RAM actually work?

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Re: Upgrade of mid-2012 MBP to 16GB RAM actually work?

Hi guys
I too bought the 16gb memery from crucial whicb worked fine while I had yosemite/Mavrick... the minutd I upgraded to El Capitan... the **bleep** broke loose! Even Apple at first could not find thd reason and blamed the motherboard and changed it for nearly £500.. it still did NOT work...
In the end Apple realised that the issue was with the combination of new operating system and old MacBook pro (2012 15 inch) which according to them is made to have max 8gb Ram!! So they refunded me for the motherboard and put. back 8 gb ram... now everything is working fine!!
Hope this helps... though I dont know whether the 16 gb ram would work with Sierra now... I am too scared to take that chance!!
Bit Baby

Hi guys
I too bought the 16gb memery from crucial whicb worked fine while I had yosemite/Mavrick... the minutd I upgraded to El Capitan... the **bleep** broke loose! Even Apple at first could not find thd reason and blamed the motherboard and changed it for nearly £500.. it still did NOT work...
In the end Apple realised that the issue was with the combination of new operating system and old MacBook pro (2012 15 inch) which according to them is made to have max 8gb Ram!! So they refunded me for the motherboard and put. back 8 gb ram... now everything is working fine!!
Hope this helps... though I dont know whether the 16 gb ram would work with Sierra now... I am too scared to take that chance!!
Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 13 inch (Mid 2012), Processor 2.5Ghz i5, and just upgraded from 4Gb memory (2Gb per slot) to 16Gb (8Gb per slot).

Running macOS Sierra prior to the upgrade and now - so far no problems to report at all.

All I can say is positive: Mac running like it should, no daisy wheel, no delay, no hiccups -just quick and smooth, the way it used to be.

3 days running and no issues. Keep your fingers crossed for me and my Mac

Screen grab of what I have and my Mac is runningScreen grab of what I have and my Mac is running

Highlighted
Community Manager

@NickMCS Thank you for your update. It's good to hear that you aren't running into any issues. Please let us know if any questions arise. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Bit Baby

Hi, I have a Macbook Pro with the followging characteristics,

MacBook Pro (13 pulg, Mid 2012) 

2.5 GHz Intel core i5 
500Gb de HD 
4Gb RAM 1600 MHz DDR3

I want to upgrate the RAM memory to 16 Gb.
Can you please tell me which module should I buy?

Thanks for your advice,

Daniel

Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have a Macbook Pro with the followging characteristics,

MacOS Sierra    version 10.12.6

MacBook Pro (13 pulg, Mid 2012) 

2.5 GHz Intel core i5 
500Gb de HD 
4Gb RAM 1600 MHz DDR3

I want to upgrate the RAM memory to 16 Gb.
Can you please tell me which module should I buy?

Thanks for your advice,

Daniel

Community Manager

@DanielRR Thanks for providing this information. The 16GB kit that we would recommend can be found here. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service