Upgrade of mid-2012 MBP to 16GB RAM actually work?

SOLVED
Bit Baby

Re: Upgrade of mid-2012 MBP to 16GB RAM actually work?

Hi guys
I too bought the 16gb memery from crucial whicb worked fine while I had yosemite/Mavrick... the minutd I upgraded to El Capitan... the **bleep** broke loose! Even Apple at first could not find thd reason and blamed the motherboard and changed it for nearly £500.. it still did NOT work...
In the end Apple realised that the issue was with the combination of new operating system and old MacBook pro (2012 15 inch) which according to them is made to have max 8gb Ram!! So they refunded me for the motherboard and put. back 8 gb ram... now everything is working fine!!
Hope this helps... though I dont know whether the 16 gb ram would work with Sierra now... I am too scared to take that chance!!
Bit Baby

Re: Upgrade of mid-2012 MBP to 16GB RAM actually work?

Hi guys
I too bought the 16gb memery from crucial whicb worked fine while I had yosemite/Mavrick... the minutd I upgraded to El Capitan... the **bleep** broke loose! Even Apple at first could not find thd reason and blamed the motherboard and changed it for nearly £500.. it still did NOT work...
In the end Apple realised that the issue was with the combination of new operating system and old MacBook pro (2012 15 inch) which according to them is made to have max 8gb Ram!! So they refunded me for the motherboard and put. back 8 gb ram... now everything is working fine!!
Hope this helps... though I dont know whether the 16 gb ram would work with Sierra now... I am too scared to take that chance!!