4GB RAM: are parts number CT51264BF160B and CT5300265 the same?

TK1
Bit Baby

4GB RAM: are parts number CT51264BF160B and CT5300265 the same?

Hi

I searched your website a couple of weeks ago for 4GB RAM upgrade for my Samsung Q430 and part number CT51264BF160B was shown as compatible.  I did the same search again today and part CT5300265 is shown as compatible.  All the specs look identical.  Did you just change the part number for the same chip?

FYI, after the earlier search, I ordered 2 X CT51264BF160B from one of the resellers shown at your search page and they are on the way.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

best regards,

TK

1 Reply
Community Manager

Re: 4GB RAM: are parts number CT51264BF160B and CT5300265 the same?

@TK1 Thanks for contacting us. The two parts are basically the same. When you order online by system information, you are shown what we refer to as an “external” part number, in your case number CT5300265. It is a system specific number and is mapped exclusively to the Samsung Q430. The longer part number, CT51264BF160B, is the one that would you see printed on your module, and that is the actual module part number, or the "base" part number. You shouldn't have any problems upgrading your system with the memory you purchased. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?