Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
redknight

4gig or 8gig

I currently have 4 gig memory.  Would like 6 or 8 gigs, but crucial says my system won't do more. I chatted with them and that is the results.  My system is HP PAVILION 6000 running win 7 64 bit.  I do some video editing and it often runs 100 percent when exporting mp2 to mp4.  So far it works, but I would like to get away from 100 percent.  I have tried shutting down unnecessary programs when exporting but still need to do more. Can't tell you more about the bios.  I haven't enough experience with it.

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: 4gig or 8gig

in reply to redknight

Hi redknight,

I have had a look in to this model and I can't find an exact match.  There are a few different HP Pavilion models that have 6000 in their model number.  Do you know if this system is a P6000 model?  Do you have the exact model number of the computer and I can check it for you?

If you are unsure of what model your system is you can run the Crucial.com system scanner HERE which will scan your system and recommend the correct memory for you.

You can also check what system you have in Windows 7.  To do this please click on the start menu and then type "System Information" in the search field and click on system information.  This will bring up all the details of your system including the model details.

Once I have more information about the exact model I would be more than happy to check what memory the system can support.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
redknight

in reply to Crucial_Junket

I went to sys* as you said and windows tab reads "product id 00359-oem-8992687-00010, or is it one of these "bt550aar#aba, or mx804512s2. 

I have tried a player/recorder disc, and it works.  A nero disc nada.  I don't know where you got the p6000 number from, but it looks familiar.

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

in reply to redknight

Hi redknight,

Thanks for your reply.

In system information it should so your system type under the "System Model" section.  Can you type what it says under that section.

Did you manage to run the system scanner?  If so can you provide the scan ID number?  That way I can check your scan and recommend the correct memory.

I am sorry about all the questions but we do need as much information as possible so we can make sure what we recommend is perfect for your system.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
Kilobyte Kid
redknight

in reply to Crucial_Junket

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/viewscanbyid.aspx?id=4758D48E31D926C3

I couldn't find anything that looked like it might what you want.  Maybe it is part of the url above.  Or maybe the url will let you see what I saw.  Below is what the scnner found.

The following is a list of what our scan was able to detect:

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion P6000 Series
Motherboard Manufacturer: FOXCONN
Motherboard Model: 2A8C

I knew that p6000 was familiar.

http://www.crucial.com/systemscanne

r/viewscanbyid.aspx?id=4758D48E31D926C3

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

in reply to redknight

Hi redknight,

Thank you for posting the link to the scan ID. From the scan it appears that the motherboard is a Foxconn 2A8C. I was able to find some information on this FoxConn motherboard  but it appears that the max is only 4GB (2GB per slot). I wouldn't recommend going above your motherboards max as that that could cause the system to either not start or to function incorrectly. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about this system.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

Kilobyte Kid
redknight

in reply to Crucial_YogiH

That js the way I understood it.  I have found that if I cut everything I can,  including avg and panda cloud, that it will work better.  I caught AVG freezing the export so that I had to restart it.  Eventually I might be able to set another system account with every thing cut, then  log back on  normal to have it all running.  After all with internet shut down, I won't need to be concerned with anything coming in and I don't need  most of the stuff to run Nero.

Our Latest Posts