Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Bit Baby
drpink
Accepted Solution

Acer Z5801 All in one

I've bought some DDR ram from crucial as an upgrade.

I have the RAM but the problem is I don't know how to install it on this machine.

I've searched the net but can find nowhere of any help, possibly because it's a fairly new all in one unit.

Anyone any ideas?

Appreciated!

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

Re: Acer Z5801 All in one

in reply to drpink

Sorry, I can't even find a proper manual for your system!  Their site has links to get manual's, but when you go to that section it's blank and there is no download links

Main link,

http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3860

Takes you here to download, but following link after this is blank (So is the FAQ link!)

http://support.acer.com/us/en/acerpanam/desktop/2011/acer/aspire/AspireZ5801/AspireZ5801nv.shtml

Then here, nothing!

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/2011/acer/aspire/AspireZ5801/AspireZ5801ul.shtml

Generic manual here, but that's no help of course

http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?tab=4&modelId=3860

You may need to contact them directly and see if they will email you a PDF or link you to some info.   I looked in google for a long time, and youtube too, no info on how to tear down or disassemble this system!

If you get it partially apart, and need further help, you can post some images and I can try to help if you want.

Bit Baby
drpink

Acer Z5801 All in one RAM upgrade

in reply to lsdmeasasp

Thank you for taking the time and effort.

I'm not going to mess with the system. It's a setup I'm not familiar with.

I'll contact Acer and ask for assistance. I appreciate it may void the warranty but am prepared to do that.

When I have more information I'll post it here.

Kind regards

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

Re: Acer Z5801 All in one RAM upgrade

in reply to drpink

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!  It's like you mentioned, it's so new there's not much info about it out there yet.   Maybe in 6 months or a year someone will have posted a guide on tearing it down.

Acer may help you, if you get to talk to the right person, if not and they say they don't help with that as it will void your warranty or something, keep calling back on different days to see if other workers will be of more help.

Yes, please do post back here when you find out more info, that way if others look later they'll be able to find your post, thanks and good luck!

Bit Baby
drpink

in reply to lsdmeasasp

Not a chance. Rang Acer 8 times. All they say is it will void the warranty. It's my warranty and up to me if I void it or not.

Perhaps I could take a hammer and chisel to it!

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

in reply to drpink

Sorry to hear!   Did you tell them you don't care about your warranty?   How about tell them it's already void due to some other reason?

I'd keep at it with them, no reason for them to hide this info from you!  However, if you aren't willing to go in blindly, then it may be too complicated for you to do even with info.   I'm not trying to sound mean or anything like that, just saying it might be a tough job to get it all apart anyway ya know.  I'm rootin for ya and hope you get it yourself, or get a real reply out of them!   If I was there I'd take it apart for you already and we'd be done with the upgrade by now! :smileywink:

Bit Baby
drpink

in reply to lsdmeasasp

I'll write to them.

I lose the will to live speaking with outsourced call centres.

I'm fairly tech savvy so I'll take a closer look at the machine when I have time hopefully at the weekend if I'm not on call.

This is my machine. I paid for it. I don't care about voiding the warranty. I've 4 blocks of ram sitting here which I want in my machine.

Bit Baby
drpink

in reply to drpink

I saw this. Probably the way to go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzTUF9ds2cw

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

in reply to drpink

Haha, I hear ya on the call centers!!

Nice find on the video, I didn't look for similar ones when I was looking, just exact model as I wasn't sure there was other similar ones.   So, did the video help you get the upgrade done, or have you not jumped into it yet?

Bit Baby
drpink

in reply to lsdmeasasp

I haven't had the time. I'm working this weekdm. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow. I don't think it's going to be an issue, but time will tell.

I'll keep you posted!

Our Latest Posts