Acer desktop doesn't boot after installing additional ram

Kilobyte Kid

Acer desktop doesn't boot after installing additional ram

I have an Acer Aspire Desktop AXC-603G-UW15

Factory ram is 4GB but it is capable of 8GB maximum.

I orded a Crucial 4GB DDR3L 1600 SODIMM from amazon as the website listed it was compatible.

I installed the new ram in the second slot and reinstalled the panel etc and when i turned the power on the light would come on but the computer would not boot windows and the screen would stay blank.

I removed the new ram and then windows would load fine with just the factory 4GB card.

I tried reinstalling and same issue.

I tried resetting the CMOS by removing the battery for several minutes and tried it again and no change It will not load with the additional ram installed.

I could not find any setting in the bios for doing anything with the ram card settings etc.

I've searched high and low for topics on several sites and it seems to be a common issue after trying to install new ram but I have no answers.

I'm not very happy about spending money on a new ram card to speed up my system only to have it do only nothing instead.

From what I can tell is that I should just be able to install the card and everything is suppose to work, but thats not the case.

Any answer would be appreciated.

3 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Acer desktop doesn't boot after installing additional ram

@B-acer Thanks for contacting us. I am sorry to hear about the issues that you have experienced with this upgrade.  What is the full CT part number on the label of the RAM? 

Have you tried installing the new RAM by itself? If you haven't yet, we would suggest doing this first. This will help us identify if there is an issue mixing new and old RAM in your system. It will also help us determine if this memory module may be defective. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

thanks for the fast reply.

the full part number is CT51264BF160B.C16FN2

Kilobyte Kid

I haven't installed the new ram by itself.

from the topics that I've found I've been hesitant on touching the original ram because i don't to create possible additional problems