Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
Jaybuck
Accepted Solution

Blue Screen and Memtest86 results

Hey All,

I have a problem which has been present for a long long time but have only now got around to looking into it in some detail. I have a computer which fairly consistently blue screens (at least once a day at random). I have spent some time looking into it and now im looking for a little guidance from you guys.

I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and straight away it said it detected hardware problems and to refer to the manufacturer. Because its a long time out of warranty thats not really a cost effective option.

I then found memtest86+ which I have run and it has come up with errors again. The test error is on test 5 and ive had 394 errors to 1 pass so far.

Before I order new memory I want to make sure its 100% a fault with the RAM as some website suggest (only a few) that test 5 error could result from memory timing settings.

Any thoughts guys?

Jason

Kilobyte Kid
Jaybuck

Re: Blue Screen and Memtest86 results

in reply to Jaybuck

By the way incase anyone wants to see here is the memtest results.

2013-07-28 19.54.281.jpg

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

in reply to Jaybuck

Hi Jaybuck,

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your computer.  As both memory testing programs are showing faults it does look like there is a problem with your memory.

How many memory modules do you have in the system?  It might be worth running the memory test on the modules one at a time in the system as this is the best way to check if there is a fault with a single memory module.  If the memory is made by Crucial then it will have a lifetime warranty and we would be more than happy to arrange an exchange for you.

You can contact the customer service team directly HERE and they can arrange an exchange for you no problem at all.  If you ordered the memory from another supplier we would be more than happy to recommend memory for you.  Just confirm the make a and model of the system and we can recommend memory no problem at all.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
Jaybuck

in reply to Crucial_Junket

Hi Junket,

Thank you for your response, I have requested a return and exchange.

Jason

Our Latest Posts