Bought the recommended ram but wont slide in

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Bought the recommended ram but wont slide in

I have a ASRock DESKMINI 110W that requires a DDR4 2133Mhz and I bought a Crucial 4GB DDR4 2133 MT/S 288 pin DIMM it looks like it fits but it wont slide in any suggestions?

4 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Bought the recommended ram but wont slide in

Thanks for contacting us today. I am sorry for the issues you've experienced with installing your RAM. Sometimes it can take quite a bit of pressure in order to get the RAM to fit in there properly. A guide to installing RAM in your system can be found in your user manual here. The RAM installation guide is on page 16 of the manual. We do offer free tech support, so if you prefer talking through the installation over the phone your welcome to call us. Our information can be found in my signature. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

I just had a similar problem with a 4GB update kit for my Toshiba Satellite 105A.  The SIMMS I need are "left" and "right", but the upgrade kit from Crucial contained two "rights".  I will be contacting them on Monday...

Bit Baby

by the way, if they made the same mistake with your order that they did with mine, it will never fit... just saying...

Community Manager

Hello rbhgroup,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry that you’re having problems installing memory in your computer.  You don’t actually get right and left memory, the memory that goes in both banks should be exactly the same. 

In your comments you said that you had the Satellite 105A, I was unable to locate this model.  Is it possible that you have the A105 model?  It would also be great if you could confirm the full model number it will be something like A105-S2716.  This will allow me to look in to your system.

When installing memory, please make sure the notch in the memory module matches the notch in the slot.  Sometimes you have to turn the memory label side down so it matches the slot. 

We have a great guides and support section on our website here: http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support

If you do have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?