Crucial CT102464BF160B is not working on Lenovo Thinkpad x240

Kilobyte Kid

Crucial CT102464BF160B is not working on Lenovo Thinkpad x240

Hi,

purchased this one (http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/ct102464bf160b) as your site states that it is compitable with x240, but after I install it notebook does beeping (1-3-3-1) and don't start. Put back initial 4gb Samsung RAM and everithing works properly.

What could be the problem?

Thanx, Max

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Crucial CT102464BF160B is not working on Lenovo Thinkpad x240

@Dauern Thanks for contacting us today. I am sorry for the issues that you have experienced with this RAM. I've pulled up your system specs and it looks like these parts  are definitely listed as compatible and we have a solid sales history for your system.  I would advise reinstalling the module again, just to confirm it's installed correctly. If it still doesn't work, we would suggest checking the manufactures website to see if the system needs a BIOS update. Your computer was manufactured in 2013, so I would expect it probably does, and that this may resolve the issue. Follow your manufactures instructions if you do perform the update. If the BIOS update does not resolve the issue we would be happy to exchange the memory module under warranty. Please use my signature to contact us directly. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?