Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
MirMas
Accepted Solution

Crucial RAM not working on IPIEL-LA3 motherboard

I have HP Pro 3120 MT PC with IPIEL-LA3 motherboard with two Micron 2GB RAM installed (MT16JTF25664AZ-1G4F1). OS Windows 7 64-bit. I tried to install two 2GB Crucial RAM CT25664BA1067.M8FMR. I got series of beeps immediately when turn power on. I tried different combinations just with Crucial RAM but PC beeps the same.  I'm just ordinary hardware user and I can't see where I made a mistake.

Do you think installing another two Micron 2GB RAM (MT16JTF25664AZ-1G4F1) instead of Crucial RAM will save my problem or there is solution with Crucial RAM?

Regards Miro

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

Re: Crucial RAM not working on IPIEL-LA3 motherboard

[ Edited ]
in reply to MirMas

Did you test the new Crucial memory by itself, in the same slots the old original memory was in?  If not, try again using the same old slots, if you still get beeps try only one new stick in the first originally used slot closest to the CPU.  If that fails, try the other stick, just so you test both one by one.   If no luck, can you test this new memory in another system to be sure it's not faulty

Are you using the latest BIOS?  If not, updating that may help, here is the latest version (6.07 Rev. A - 10 Mar 2011)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

If nothing works, and you purchased this memory from Crucial, you can exchange it for another kit, here is the listed compatible kits for your system

http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/HP+-+Compaq-memory/HP+Business+Desktops/HP+Pro+3120+Small+Form+Factor...

Kilobyte Kid
MirMas

in reply to lsdmeasasp

I did all the tests you suggest except testing new memory in another system. I allready returned memory to local online shop. I'm not using the latest BIOS version. I'm using 6.07 Ver. but from 2 July 2010.

Thanks for help.

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

in reply to MirMas

Sorry to hear you returned it already.  You probably just needed to update the BIOS, and then load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot.  

This is often the first step that solves many memory upgrade issues, so if you run into this in the future with memory that should be compatible, please update the BIOS before wasting time on other troubleshooting steps as that may be all you need to do.

Bit Baby
Gnani

in reply to MirMas

Hey there!

Where did U get the bios for the IPIEL LA3 mobo? Need it! 

regards

Our Latest Posts