Dinasaur trying to learn Re: ddr2 product numbers and adding RAM

Kilobyte Kid

Dinasaur trying to learn Re: ddr2 product numbers and adding RAM

Hello, I am painfully new to computers, so please bear with me. My son has an ASUSm3nhtdelux/hdmi motherboard. I want to increase its speed. It has 2.00 Gb ram, Asus says it can handle 8Gb. Looking at its QVL, It lists Crucial's DDR2 -800Mhz rams with a different product number than the one for sale at Crucial.com. The product number in the QVL is:bl12864aa804.16fd3. The ones available on the website are:CT2KIT25664AA800       .Any ideas why this is? Outdated product maybe? Please forgive my computer ignorance. I just started reading about this stuff last week. Fascinating stuff though. **bleep**, when I was in college we used pen and paper and PONG was the hot new tech. Ps; 64 bit os, navidia GeForce GTX 950 AMD ATHLON 64X2 DUAL CORE 5200+ 2.61gHZ.

3 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Dinasaur trying to learn Re: ddr2 product numbers and adding RAM

Hi riflepimp,

Thank you for your questions.  I would be more than happy to check for you.  Thanks for providing so much details.  You're spot on saying that we no longer supply BL12864AA804 memory.  CT2KIT25664AA800  compatible with your system.

If you confirm what country you're based in, I would be happy to send a link for the correct parts for you.  If you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

John 

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid

Ya mean you actually understood what I was saying? Fantastic! I reside in the city of Tulare, state of California, USA.

Zip 93274. Thank you for your help!  One last question. In order to achieve the most efficient speed for my sons computer, would the 800Mhz RAM cards be optimal (2 packs of 2x4Gb of ram = total of 8 Gb), or should i go for the 1066 Mhz cards instead ( same construction =8Gb total added ram). I dont know how to overclock, or bench test  or anything like that.....Yet.  Thank you so much. Anthony A.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your reply.  I would recommend going for the 800MHz as it would be the most compatible with your system.  You can see it listed on our US website here: http://www.crucial.com/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10151&categoryId=&productId=1089...

We also have a great install and upgrade guides section on our website.  You can have a look at it here: http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-memory

Enjoy the upgrade and if you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

John 

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service