Enless loop after upgrading with Crucial 2x 8 GB RAM

Bit Baby

Enless loop after upgrading with Crucial 2x 8 GB RAM

[ Edited ]

Hello I have Dell Latitude E5540 with 4 GB RAM, and I wanted to upgrade to 16 GB, so I've bought two 8 GB modules : http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/ct102464bf160b

It says clearly that they are compatible (Crucial software says too), but when I put them into my laptop, it restarts after windows logo (it's windows 10 and dual boot with ubuntu). I've removed ubuntu (with Windows bootable USB bootrec /fixmbr command), and problem is still the same. Also restarted CMOS battery, didn't help.

Also BIOS is the newest.

Now I've turned back to 4 GB and can't even go to Windows, it says "inaccessible boot device", so I'm writing this from Secure Boot option in Windows.

Please help Smiley Sad

2 Replies
Bit Baby

Re: Enless loop after upgrading with Crucial 2x 8 GB RAM

PROBLEM SOLVED Smiley Very Happy

So, I've restarted it with 4 GB, and it worked normally, without help of Secure boot! Then I've deleted Linux partition, and the rest is history... Works like a charm. It was Ubuntu's fault that caused the problem (at least I guess so), so if anyone will have this problem and uses dual boot with Ubuntu, delete Ubuntu and then put your RAM Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Re: Enless loop after upgrading with Crucial 2x 8 GB RAM

Hello istignedec,

Thank you for your comments.

I am happy to hear that you have got it working.  Thank you for letting us know how you fixed this.  This will help customers who may have the same thing happen to them.

Enjoy your upgrade and if you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. 

John 

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service