HP - Compaq Pavilion dm1 (AMD DDR3) ram issues

Bit Baby

HP - Compaq Pavilion dm1 (AMD DDR3) ram issues

I have a HP - Compaq Pavilion dm1 that years ago I bought a 2x4 gig from crucial. laptop came with 1x1gig single sided and 1x2gig double sided from HP. Well I was never able to get the pc to boot (not even into bios) with both 4 gig simms just the 1gig and a 4gig. Tech support was great at the time and send out two different sets of ram for me to try. After the thrid set out of frustration I settled using the ssd 1gig (HP) and the dss 4 gig (crucial ct51264bc1339.k16fk).

Well this has always bugged me that I can't use the full 8 gig.

I did some trouble shooting with the orginal ram. pc won't boot even with the 2 gig simm in one slot that the 1 gig is in.

Any suggestions or a fix would be great. my scan is below.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/scanview/40009AA531D926C3

Thanks, Rob

1 Reply
Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

Re: HP - Compaq Pavilion dm1 (AMD DDR3) ram issues

@rs3759 wrote:

I did some trouble shooting with the orginal ram. pc won't boot even with the 2 gig simm in one slot that the 1 gig is in.

If you installed the original HP 2GB memory in the slot where the original HP 1GB memory was installed and the system won't boot, then it appears there is an issue with that memory slot.  It may be bad or possibly dirty.   Remove the memory and blow compressed air in the slot and try again.    Remove the other memory when you try the original HP 2GB memory in this slot to minimize complications.