How to exceed manufacturer supported memory RAM

Bit Baby

How to exceed manufacturer supported memory RAM

crucial.com says Maximum memory: 4096MB Slots: 4 (2 banks of 2) *Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory. first slot is 2gb second third and fourth is 1gb each.  a have a high reserved memory like 1.7k mb my mother board is EX333AA-ABA m7590n

have an intel pentium D 940 processor. I have tried ms config then check the maximum memory changed it to maximum, 6k+mb but when i click apply after restart it goes back again to 1025mb. I unchecked itstill its 3.25 usable, any helpful tips? and im running on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. and it says in crucial.com that my limit is 4k+mb how to exceed?

6 Replies
Community Manager

Re: How to exceed manufacturer supported memory RAM

Hi quiters89,

Thanks for your post.  That system will not support more than 4GB in total.  That is a limit of the motherboard itself.

It could be that Windows has limited the amount of memory you can see.  To check if the Windows memory lock is limiting the amount of memory Windows can see,

1. Click on Start.

2. Type MSCONFIG in Search and click OK.

3. This will open the System Configuration Utility. Click on the BOOT tab.

4. Click on the Advanced Options... button

5. If the /MAXMEM= box is checked, please uncheck it.

6. If it isn’t already checked, check it now and enter your total amount of memory in MB (e.g. 8192 for 8GB) and click OK.

If you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

I'm new to upgrading my computer and I just wanted to make sure I understand correctly.

Are you saying it's possible to add more RAM than the Manufacturer Supported Memory?

I checked your website and it says mine is only 4GB as opposed to 8 or 16GB I would like to have, but I wasn't sure if I could

exceed that amount.

My computer is a HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14 Sleekbook.

And if I am not able to, are there other ways to speed up my computer for gaming purposes without having to buy a new computer?

Community Manager

Hi ryahne0796,

Thank you for contacting us today. What is the exact model of Touchsmart Sleekbook that you have? There are several different models with varying amounts of memory compatibility.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

whenever i check the box and insert an amount, it changes back to the original number which is 4095, im trying to give it 8 more gigs of ram. is there any way to still bypass the limit? by the way i am using a RAM & SSD Upgrades | Toshiba Satellite C55D-B5310 | Crucial.com

Toshiba Satellite C55D-B5310
Bit Baby

h there was a reply from the mod to this, lol. I am having similar questions.

Highlighted
Bit Baby

Had you already made the physical upgrade of RAM when you were attempting to edit the Windows memory settings?