Is there a tool to calculate performance using the timing numbers, CAS and speed in Mhz?

Kilobyte Kid

Is there a tool to calculate performance using the timing numbers, CAS and speed in Mhz?

I'm going nuts trying to compare Ram with different timings, latency and clock speeds. I know it is possible for RAM with a fast clock speed to be slower than RAM with a lower clock speed but lower latency and timings. I'm hoping for an online or downloadable tool that will let me input the various numbers and yield a single number to make it easy to compare different RAM. 

2 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Is there a tool to calculate performance using the timing numbers, CAS and speed in Mhz?

@wjlesaulnier Thanks for contacting us. We don't offer a benchmarking tool, so we can't recommend one specifically. We have heard of customers finding them online. We are sorry we can't help further on this. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Is there a tool to calculate performance using the timing numbers, CAS and speed in Mhz?

A friend just emailed me the link below. It isn't a tool, but shows in detail how to do the calculation. I may try to use a programmable on-screen calculator to set it up.

https://superuser.com/questions/593772/calculate-performance-of-ram-using-timing-and-speed