Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ABR woes

Kilobyte Kid

Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ABR woes

Hello,

I received a Lenovo Ideapad for use in school since the laptop that I was using before was not powerful enough to power an application that is needed. When I brought the laptop home, the first thing I did was come to crucial to see what I could upgrade to make sure the laptop was running at its best. I used the system scanner and I was told that I could upgrade to 20GB of memory and have any size SSD for it. Well I was more interested in the memory upgrade so I picked an 8GB module that had the same speed that was currently installed in the laptop. I figured that the on board memory plus the 8GB module would have provided enough memory on a student budget.

Once I got the memory module, I installed it following the video and when I went to power it on, I was greeted with a blank screen. I thought that maybe it was not seated right so I powered it off to pull it out and re-inserted it. I powered it back on and the same thing had happened. I placed the old module back in, powered it up, and was greeted with the Windows 10 login screen.

Why would the memory that I was recommended from this site not work with my laptop?

Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ABR 80ST

The memory that I was sent is

CT8G4SFD824A.C16FADP

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ABR woes

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for your comments.

First of all, I'm sorry the memory you have ordered is not working in your system.  I have checked your system on our website and we do list that memory as compatible.

I understand that you have tried reinstalling the memory but I would recommend doing it again.  When installing new memory, please make sure it fully clicks in to place.  You will hear a click when it has been inserted correctly.  New memory may sometimes look fully installed but needs to be pressed in a bit harder. 

If you ordered directly from Crucial, I would recommend contact our customer support team directly.  You can use the links in my signature for the customer support team in your region.  They will be able to arrange an exchange for you.

If you ordered from a 3rd party, I would recommend contacting them first to arrange the exchange for you.  If you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask and I would be happy to help. 

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Ok, I just tried to re-install the memory again multiple times to make sure that it clicks in place. It still is not getting to the bios post test. Swap out the Crucial module for the stock one and it boots right up. 

What else can I check? 

Bit Baby

I too am having problems after trying to instaff 16 gb ram.  I have a Dell XPS8910 (nearly new) which I ordered more ram to double the capacity.  I installed it yesterday and my pc crashed.  It will no longer even boot with the ram never working.  I really want to return this order for a refund, but even that seems to be a problem.  Between getting my pc fixed and this return I am feeling major stressed. The Micron chat did not work as was told the system was down. How do I do return? Please help.