Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
Thorne

Max Memory on Acer Aspire V3-771G

I have recently bought an Acer Aspire V3-771G and I was looking to upgrade its memory. My systems' exact type being the Acer Aspire V3-771G-32378g50Makk.

If I look around for that type on the internet, it says it can only handle 8 GB Ram max.

If I use the Crucial System Scanner, it says I can still upgrade it to 16 GB Ram, but it seems to register my system only as an Acer Aspire V3-771... 

So I don't want to spend 167,- dollar to get an upgrade and then not be able to use it, but I would really like to upgrade it if it is possible.. are there any thoughts on this matter by more experienced people, could I, if there is a max on Ram as specified on many websites, push it up a bit?

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: Max Memory on Acer Aspire V3-771G

in reply to Thorne

Hi Thorne,

I have had a look in to this system for you and I can confirm that it does support up to 16GB of memory.

Sometimes we recommend more memory for a system than the manufacturer.  We can do this because we test the memory in a system before we list it as compatible.  Though this testing we sometimes discover that a system can support more memory.

We can guarantee that your system will take 16GB and our memory also comes with a lifetime warranty.  You can see all the compatible upgrades for your system HERE.

If you need any other help at all please don't hesitate to ask and I would be more than happy to help.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Our Latest Posts