New RAM Not Recognized.

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

New RAM Not Recognized.

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I recently did a Crucial Memory scan to see if my laptop could hold more memory as I was getting constant messages about low memory. I have a Toshiba L350D, and had been told by a technician that my laptop could do with more memory space as it would help it work quicker. So I bought one that crucial recommended (2GB DDR2) I have inserted it following the video instructions and the leaflet that comes with it. I then restarted my laptop but yet again got another message about low memory space. I have tried looking in my system settings for the amount of RAM my laptop can hold and everything but it seems my laptop hasn't realized I have inserted another RAM? Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Re: New RAM Not Recognized.

Hi

I have the same problem I bought the recomended memory installed it and it is not showing up it was 4gb installed in a HP Pavillion G7 .I hope some one answers soon

Bit Baby

Does the BIOS recognize the new RAM?

Kilobyte Kid

I don't know what that means? I'm really computer illiterate i'm afraid. x

Kilobyte Kid

Its not recognized in mine Katy when you turn on your computer press the esc key and it should take you into the bios

Community Manager

Hi Katy and gus_noon,

As you both seem to have the same issue I thought it would be best to reply to you both at the same time.

Katy can you confirm exactly what message you are receiving?  It's possible that it's not he RAM memory that's slow but your running out of space on your hard drive.   I would also make sure that your system is picking up all the memory that you have installed.

To check how much memory your Windows operating system is using, click on Start and right-click on (My) Computer then select Properties from the pop out menu.

In Windows Vista/7, the Windows System Information window will open and you can see the amount of memory there. In Windows XP, the System properties window will open and the amount of recognised memory is featured at the bottom of the General tab.

Katy there are also a number of different versions of the L350D system, can you confirm the full model number?

Gus_noon can you confirm what memory you have ordered?  I have had a look and I can't find that system in our records so if you could also confirm the full system model number that would be brilliant.  I would also recommend that you check that the memory is installed correctly and being picked up using the steps outlined above.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Hi thank you for the reply I removed both sticks of ram and cleaned the contacts with some isopropyl alcohol stuck them back in and I now have 8 gb of memory

Bit Baby

I installed my memory stick, and it wasn't recognized as well.  I took the old memory stick out,  and put the new memory stick in that slot, and it worked fine.  Hopefully this will work for you if you're still having problems

Bit Baby

i have the same problem the bios does recognise it, but widows wont load 

sgmco wrote:

Does the BIOS recognize the new RAM?