11-30-2017 10:56 AM
Proccessor: Intel Pent D CPU 3 GHz 2.99Ghz
Installed Ram: 3.00GB (2.00Gb usable)
System Type: 64 Bit
I do not understand why my computer will only use 2gb ram instead of 3.
My cpu had 4 sticks of .5gb ram.
I bought 2gb, two sticks of 1gb. (was hoping for 4gb ram, but didn't realize my computer had .5gb sticks)
So now my computer has two 1gb Sticks, and two .5gb sticks.
Why won't my computer use all 3 gb ram?
Thank you for your time.
11-30-2017 02:13 PM
@buscemis19 Thank you for your question.
To check if the Windows memory lock is limiting the amount of memory Windows can see,
1. Click on Start.
2. Type MSCONFIG in Search and click OK.
3. This will open the System Configuration Utility. Click on the BOOT tab.
4. Click on the Advanced Options... button
5. If the /MAXMEM= box is checked, please uncheck it.
6. If it isn’t already checked, check it now and enter your total amount of memory in MB (e.g. 8192 for 8GB) and click OK.
Please let us know if we can offer additional assistance or advice.