PC won't boot after Memory installed

Bit Baby

PC won't boot after Memory installed

I'm upgrading an ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 2.   I've replaced the exisiting memory with a CT9825392 kit and everything works great.  When I add an additional kit, same model, to the remaining slots, system will not boot and I get no LED indicator on the board.    The two working modules are taking the "B" slots, light colored clips, and I'm trying to install additional modules to the "A" slots, dark clips.

Is there an additional setting I'm missing to use the additional slots?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: PC won't boot after Memory installed

Hello mwellman,

Thank you for your questions.

First of all, I'm sorry to hear that your system is not working with the new memory installed.  I have had a look in to this system for you and I can see that it can support 64GB in total.  This means it should be able to work with all the memory installed.

What I would recommend would be to try the new memory in the system one at a time.  This is the best way to check and see if there are any faults with the memory modules.  If it boots with one and not the other then we know that there is a faulty memory module.

All our memory comes with a lifetime warranty so if there is a fault, we will replace it for you.  Please let me know how that goes.  If there is a fault, you can contact the customer service team for your region using the links in my signature.  If you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask and I would be more than happy to help. 

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service