Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
jram

RAM INSTALL Acer Aspire E1-522-5423

I have a new acer aspire E1-522-5423. There is a panel on the back to access the ram and hard drive. They are located in the front of the case not under the keboard...witch is not  removable on this model. You can see the memory stick but it appears that you cannot remove it through the opening. Do you have to remove the whole circuit board to remove the ram

or am I missing something?? Acer says there are two slots with only one being used with 4GB stick. The rep I spoke with could not awnser my question on removal. Thanks for any information.

JRAM

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: RAM INSTALL Acer Aspire E1-522-5423

Hi jram,

Thanks for your message.

I have had a look in to this and unfortunately I have been unable to find an installation guide for this specific model.  I would recommend contacting Acer directly who will be able to provide and installation guide for you. 

I checked with the Acer website for an instruction manual but they don't have any listed.  I am sure if you contact them directly they would be able to help. 

Please let me know how it goes and if there is anything else we can help with. 

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
TVCCS

Re: RAM INSTALL Acer Aspire E1-522-5423

[ Edited ]
in reply to Crucial_Junket

I just have gotten into this issue...and wanted to verify there is a problem with the Crucial Advisor Tool and the System Scanner on these E1 systems.   I've been having a series of exchanges with Crucial tech support over the last week on an Acer E1-510-2602 that has the exact same issue.  Acer has chosen not to mount a second DIMM holder on some units but uses the same motherboard, which the Crucial Advisor Tool and/or System Scanner reads as having two slots rather than one - it's looking at the PCB and not the physical board itself.  I recently put an 8GB module into an E1-510-2602 that only had one DIMM holder...the Crucial tool/scanner said it had two.  The 8GB works fine...but the memory has to be the low voltage (1.35v) memory to work, expecially with Quad-Core processors per the video linked below.   It's also worth noting that discussions on the Acer forums on this issue indicate that boards that do have the two DIMM holders can use 16GB (2x8GB) of the low-voltage 1.35v memory.

The Crucial 8GB 1.35v 204-pin SoDimm module that's working for me without issue is a CT102464BF160B. 

There's a video online from an Indian firm that goes into considerable detail on these issues....they both sell and service these E-series laptops (below).

Acer E1 RAM & Hard Drive Upgrades

Our Latest Posts