RAM and BSOD

SoH
Kilobyte Kid

RAM and BSOD

[ Edited ]

I bought this RAM specifically for my laptop - HP ZBook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation:  Crucial 16GB DDR4-2133 SODIMM (CT8293320)

It has been installed for a short while and now I have high CPU and it blue screens regularly. Installing the RAM was the only thing I have changed/added as the laptop was bought new in August.

Do I need to remove the added memory?

Todays (Nov 29) BSOD:

• SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

Blue Screen errors:

• PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
  • DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
  • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
  • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Are any of these errors related to the memory. I have done a memtest and nothing shows up.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: RAM and BSOD

@SoH Thanks for contacting us today. I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your RAM upgrade. A few of these errors sound like they may be driver related or possibly even a faulty part. I would recommend installing the old RAM back in the system and updating your drivers and then reinstalling the new memory to see if these errors go away. If not, please contact us directly and we would be happy to exchange the parts for you. Our contact details can be found in my signature. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
SoH
Kilobyte Kid

Re: RAM and BSOD

Hi there @ 

I just wanted to let you know (BTW, thanks for your reply), I did what you said; removed RAM, updated drivers.

I went back to the factory config 2x 4GB SODIMMS.

The laptop continued to BSOD - so I guess the 16GB RAM is OK and my problem is elsewhere. I think maybe my antivirus is the cause, but it's a process of elimination right now Smiley Frustrated

Thanks again for your help.