RAM upgrade for Lenovo G50-45 Help

Bit Baby

RAM upgrade for Lenovo G50-45 Help

Hello,

I was trying to upgrade my RAM from 4GB to 8GB. I have a Lenovo 50-45. Upon researching I found I should use a:

DDR3L-1800 SODIMM 1.35V CL11.

So I bought that from Crucial. When I went to install it I found the existing RAM in my laptop was:

Samsung 4 GB 1RX8 PC3L 12800S

Did I buy the right RAM? My computer is working ok since I put in the new 8GB bt since they are different (DDR3L vs 1RX8) I'm concerned.

Also, when I replaced the old RAM with the new one, upon starting my laptop up I got the notice "Adapter has limited support". I wonder if this is a voltage issue perhaps related to the new RAM?

Any help is appreciated. I was unable to utilize the tool Crucial offers to scan computer hence this forum question.

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: RAM upgrade for Lenovo G50-45 Help

Hello ramupgradehelp,

Thank you for your question.  I have had a look in to this further for you.  Both of those memory modules are DDR3 memory.  They will work next to each other no problem at all. 

The only difference is the speed of the memory.  The Crucial memory module is slightly faster.  It will automatically clock down the speed to match the existing memory.  They will work perfectly fine together so you don't have to worry. 

If you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask and I would be happy to help. 

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service