Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Bit Baby
billyb

Ram

Hi,

i purchased some ram to update my laptop and when i installed the new rams my laptop doesnt boot up, when i replace the old ram it works fine. according to the website this was the reccommeded up grade. i have a Toshiba satellite a500.

can anyone give me some suggestions, ive read that it might be worth resetting the bios but this looks like a big job and i wouldnt say im that competant a this sort of stuff.

Thanks Billy.

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

Re: Ram

in reply to billyb

Hi Billyb,

I am sorry for the issues that you have experienced with your RAM upgrade. What is the part number of the RAM that you purchased? The part number on the module should read something like CT25664AC800.M16, etc. Also, do you know the exact model of the Satellite A500 that you have? It looks like there are a number of models. The model number would look  like PSAM3A-03Q00E, for example. 

Thanks in advance. 

Best regards, 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Bit Baby
billyb

in reply to Crucial_YogiH

Hi YogiH,

the part number on the invoice is CT2330188 on the actual Ram it is CT51264BF1339.C16F1KR not sure which one you need.

my toshiba is a Satellite A500-1GL PSAR9E-01700KEN

serial number: 4A57395K

Hope this helps, look forward to your response

Regards Billy.

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

in reply to billyb

Thanks Billy. This does help. It appears that we have sold many of these modules for your system, so it doesn't appear to be a compatibility issue. Have you tried installing one module at a time and booting up? It could be a defective module causing the issue. I would also recommend installing both again and making sure they are both clicking into place currently. New RAM can sometimes be a little harder to install and may not always click right into the place as easily as the original RAM. 

Please let me know if you are still having issues after you try installing them one at a time. 

Thank you! 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Our Latest Posts