Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
SimFin
Accepted Solution

Samsung Q430 memory upgrade causing problems

Hello

I've purchased and installed 2x4GB DDR301333 SODIMM 1.35V 204 PIN Kit CT51264BF1339J.C8FER memory upgrade for my Samsung Q430-JS03 laptop. Although the BIOS recognizes the new memory, Windows starts to boot but fails a few seconds into the boot process and shuts the machine down. Ubuntu also fails with a kernel panic either during boot or almost immediately after booting.

I have tried each of the new memory sticks one at a time in each of the slots with the same result. When fitting the original memory back into the machine, Windows and Ubuntu boot and run without problem.

I used the Crucial Memory Adviser Tool to select the RAM.

Can you help?

Thanks

Sim

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: Samsung Q430 memory upgrade causing problems

in reply to SimFin

Hi Sim,

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your memory upgrade.  As you have tested each module one at a time we can rule out one of the memory modules being faulty.

It looks like what is known as a density issue, this is when your system does not like memory that has a certain amount of black chips on it.  We can arrange an exchange for you no problem at all for the low density version of this memory.  It has the exact same performance only a different amount of black memory chips.

It's very rare that your system does not like a specific density, but it is something we can resolve with an exchange.  Please contact our customer service team directly HERE and we can arrange the exchange.

Once again I am sorry for the problems this may have caused. 

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
SimFin

Re: Samsung Q430 memory upgrade causing problems

in reply to Crucial_Junket

Thanks, I've now received a low density version of the memory and this works perfectly. :smileyhappy:

Sim

Our Latest Posts