Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
TaylorN
Accepted Solution

Specific builds of memory for the Intel 4 Chipset

Hi,

I recently ordered a CT25664BA1339, I expected this, naively, to be compatible with my Aspire AX3910-U2032 which has an Intel G43 chipset.  However, this memory was not compatible and the recommended part number CT1493585 seems to have the same specification.  I was informed in a support email that a 'specific build' of memory is required for the intel 4 chipset.  Since this was not listed on any outward facing specifications of the memory I could find; I have two questions.

1) What does a 'specific build' of memory mean?

2) Where can I find more detailed specifications for dram that would show this build difference between the CT1493585 and CT25664BA1339

Thanks,

Taylor

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

Re: Specific builds of memory for the Intel 4 Chipset

in reply to TaylorN

Hi TaylorN,

I am sorry that you have been having issues with the new memory. The memory you have purchased is not compatible with the Intel 4 series. The part number equivalent to CT1493585(the guaranteed compatible part) would be CT2KIT25664BA1339A (the generic part number). The A at the end is what we use to signify that it is compatible with the Intel 4 series. This is what the representative was referring to as the specific build. Please let me know if there's anything else that I may help clarify. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Our Latest Posts