Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Bit Baby
kirkB

Stalled boot problem

Hello, I’m having trouble installing a memory kit we recently purchased.  The memory we purchased is 4 x 8 GB DDR3L – 1600 CL8 VLP UDIMM Tactical part #BLT8G3D1608ET3LX0.16FED .  My computer has an Intel DP67BG motherboard and the ram I am upgrading is Samsung 4 x 4GB2Rx8 PC3 10600U .  The problem started after I replaced the ram with the new kit windows 7 would stall on boot.  I then tried one stick at a time of the new ram and had no problems booting, I tried all 4 sticks individually to rule out a bad stick. 2 stick’s still works fine using dim slots 3 and 4 ( the black slots )  the problem comes when I fill the blue slots I again have a stalled boot.  Using the old ram in the blue slots with the new ram in the black still results in a stalled boot.  However putting the old ram in all 4 slots results in a functional boot.    The bios version is BGP67105 …  I am running an i7 and windows 7 professional.  Any assistance you can give me would be most appreciated.

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: Stalled boot problem

in reply to kirkB

Hi kirkB,

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your memory upgrade, I have had a look in to this system for you and I think it's due to the BIOS version you currently have.

I looked on the official page for this motherboard and seen there was a BIOS update last year to BIOS version BGP6710J.86A.  In the release notes for this BIOS version it states that it resolves the issue where the system will not post after memory upgrade.

I would suggest downloading the BIOS and upgrading it to see if that's what's causing the problem.  You can see the official Intel page for this motherboard HERE.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Our Latest Posts